Jenny Hudson (Chiropractor) is a Qualified Infant Massage Teacher with Touch-Learn International Ltd. Baby massage classes are run as small groups in clinic. Classes are run over a 5 week course. One to one sessions can also be provided within clinic at times to suit you and your baby; these are run over a three week course.
In the baby massage classes Jenny will provide you with the knowledge and skills to confidently and safely massage your baby and she will talk about how to understand your babies non-verbal cues. Each week she will aim to go through a new area of the body and at each session she will review the previous session to build your confidence in massaging your baby.
Babies are welcome from 8 weeks old up to pre crawling. All oils and handouts will be provided. Please bring a towel, spare nappy, a cushion/pillow for you and feeds for baby if required.
Benefits for Babies:
· Promotes positive touch, bonding and interaction
· Helps babies to feel secure, respected and feel loved
· Helps babies to learn to relax
· Helps to relieve discomfort of colic and wind
· Helps to boost the immunity, respiratory and circulatory systems
· Helps with constipation and teething
· Helps babies to improve both sleep patterns and quality of sleep
· Facilitates body awareness and development
Benefits for parents:
· Helps parents to feel close to their baby and helps with bonding
· Helps parents to understand their babies non-verbal cues
· Increases a parents confidence when handling their baby
· Helps parents relax with their babies
· Provides parents with practical hands on solutions when their baby is suffering from colic/constipation/teething
· Research shows it helps mothers suffering from post-natal depression
· Gives parents an opportunity to join a class and meet other parents in the same location and share experiences
To book onto her next class or to find out more please contact reception on 01889 500448.